What does the curriculum look like in each of the areas of learning?
New Early Years Framework September 2021
What is the EYFS Framework?
The EYFS Framework is there to support all professionals working in the Early Years age group (0-5 years).
It sets out:
- The legal welfare requirements that everyone registered to look after children must follow to keep your child safe and promote their welfare
- The 7 areas of learning and development
- The educational programmes for each area of learning
- Assessments that will tell us about your child’s progress through the EYFS
- The expected levels (Early Learning Goals) that most children should reach at the end of their Reception year.
The Department for Education have revised the Early Years Framework with the changes taking effect from September 2021. We will have a curriculum meeting for new parents in September to talk about the main changes in relation to the curriculum that our children follow, the school day at BHCPS, the goals the children should reach by the end of the Reception year and the ways that we can work together to achieve this.
For those of you who would like to know more, here are some links to the statutory framework and also to the non-statutory guidance documents which teachers can use to aid their planning; ‘Development Matters’ and ‘Birth to 5 Matters’.
The New Early Years Framework – Statutory for all Early Years settings from September 2021
Development Matters (Non-Statutory Guidance)
Birth to 5 Matters (Non-Statutory Guidance)