It is our intent at Hillhouse CE Primary to teach children life skills that will positively impact on their future. We aim to deliver high-quality teaching and learning opportunities that inspire all children to succeed in physical activities. We want to teach children how to cooperate and collaborate with others, as part of a team, understanding fairness and equity of play to embed life-long values. The aims of our PE curriculum are to develop pupils who:
- Are willing to practise skills in a range of different activities and situations, alone, in small groups and in teams, and to apply these skills in chosen activities to achieve exceptionally high levels of performance;
- Lead a healthy lifestyle which is achieved by eating sensibly, being aware of the dangers of drugs, smoking and alcohol and exercising regularly;
- Are able to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and have an understanding of the importance of this in promoting long-term health and well-being;
- Take the initiative and become excellent young leaders, organising and officiating, and evaluating what needs to be done to improve, and motivating and instilling excellent sporting attitudes in others;
- Employ imagination and creativity in their techniques, tactics and choreography;
- Are able to improve their own and others’ performance;
- Have a keen interest in PE - a willingness to participate eagerly in every lesson, highly positive attitudes and the ability to make informed choices about engaging fully in extracurricular sport;
- Can swim at least 25 metres before the end of Year 6 and know how to remain safe in and around water.
At Hillhouse CE Primary school we aim for our children to be physically and mentally healthy. We work hard to ensure children enjoy physical education and we love to try new sports. We offer a wide variety of sports from Tag Rugby, Football, Netball, Handball, Cricket, Hockey, Gymnastics, Athletics Dance to Seated volleyball, Boccia, Kurling and many more. We also love to run, jog, skip and walk the mile to get our daily exercise.
Every year we aim for every child from year 1-6 to attend a sporting competition.
We offer a range of after school clubs as well.