At Hillhouse, we teach French as our Modern Foreign language throughout KS2. It is our aim that through these sessions, children will develop a secure foundation of the basics of the language to prepare pupils for secondary school. The curriculum also allows children the opportunity to learn about French culture and about the country it self. We aim that:
- Children will be able to listen and respond to common French phrases.
- Children will be able to Take part in conversation
- Children will be able to Record key words and phrases
- Children will read key vocabulary and understand it’s meaning
- Children will be provided a curriculum which build upon their learning year on year
- Children will be provided with opportunities to recap on key vocabulary taught previously